And where I’m at now.
This is going to be a extremely quick turn around because I am more than a little jetlagged and long work hours have me exhausted.
Due to a remote work option for the next three weeks, I chose (last Thursday night) to fly home for the first time in thirteen months. This is only possible because of the great deal I found on Student Universe. If you are a student with an interest in traveling, I really recommend joining this site.
Once I got home, however, I was ushered into a substitute teacher’s position (which I don’t mind) on top of the 10 hours I have to put in for my internship per week.
This means that jetlag is a problem I cannot afford. But how do you avoid it?
1. Grab some natural Melatonin to help you sleep without the morning sleeping pill hangover.
2. Drink lots of water throughout the day.
3. Eat full healthy meals at regular intervals that will give you fuel without overloading you on sugars that cause you to crash.
4. Fight the urge to nap by being active, especially when you feel a crash coming.
5. Make sure you are getting a full nights sleep so you’re not overly tired on top of your jet lag.
Even with all of this, you are bound to be tired if you are changing over as quickly as I’ve been forced to. The best thing you can do is give yourself time to adjust, but when you can’t, don’t worry: you’ll make it!
That’s it for me this week (in all my travels I almost forgot), and more next week. Until then,
This is Leave on the Wind, helping you soar.